Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

I'm coming home!


Hello Friend card created for SNR Mag office supplies/elements article.

Supplies- Patterned Papers and Stickers: Crate Paper and Simple Stories; Cardstock Card Base: Halcraft; Brad: My Mind's Eye; Paper Clips: Acco; Staples: Misc.; Marker: Sharpie

That is what it feels like.  I have been away from all things scrapbook related since my last post at the end of August before school started. Wow how I have missed it!  It would be an understatement to say it has been a challenging bunch of months.  I have literally been living to work.  I really saw no other way to get through what I needed to do.  I do know that I cannot continue like I was again, once school starts up in a little over a week from now.  I need to somehow find a balance in the final weeks of my current assignment.  You will know that I was successful if I have things to regularly post once again past the first week of January! LOL!  Wish me luck!

In the mean time, I have the next week to do some catching up.  I have projects that I still haven't shared from earlier in the year, friends' blogs to stop by, visit with the uber talented ladies over at Scraptastic (if I can remember my user name and past word... seriously.. how sad is that? So not like me but par for the course right now), new things to create and new memories to make with my family and friends. Not too tall of an order is it?

I think the hardest part of coming home is figuring out what to do first and in what order... that is the problem with being a planner and a list maker.  I need to let loose and let whimsy be my guide. So whimsy lead away...

As to not leave you with just me musings, here is a vintage layout to share with you from a Magenta 20th Anniversary Challenge.


Supplies: patterned papers, chipboard, stencil (Magenta), cardstock (CTMH), alphabet stickers (Webster's Pages),marker (Sharpie), glimmer mist (Tattered Angels), bead gel(Golden), border punch( Reflections), lace (Prima), muslin, doilie and vintage mother of pearl buttons (Misc.)

Besides oodles of fussy cutting, I used a cool stencil technique for the flowers on muslin and I hid the journaling on the tag.   It is really uncanny how genetics work through time and the resemblance there is from this turn of the century photo to a current day family member. Funny how things work!

 

TTFN,

3 comments:

Monique Liedtke said...

What a fabulous layout. Love that vintage photo (look at those hairs ... awesome!). So glad to see some of your work again :) !!

Patricia Roebuck said...

Oh, what a special layout...you did justice to it...just beautiful!

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

Welcome home, Cassandra - you have really been missed! And thank you for the sweet comments on my blog - you have no idea how much they mean to me!

What a beautiful vintage layout. The lace look awesome, and so do the cluster, and finally the stencil tecknique adds the little extra. Well done :-)