Pages

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Bright Happy Colours with Chic Tags

Happy Ground Hog Day!  Here in Ontario, Canada... Wiarton Willie saw his shadow so ... six more weeks of winter.  Personally, given the 20 more centimetres of snow that we got yesterday, I am ready to say adios to the blustery season and bring on Spring.

With bright happy colours and warmer times in mind, today I am sharing a layout that warms me up and just makes me happy or should I say... takes me to my "Happy Place" (pun intended).





While I did not get to participate in the actual Chic Tags blog sketch challenge, I really liked this sketch and wanted to make the layout that I had in mind for it when I had a chance.  I used papers from their Happy Place collection and a freebie Circles printable from their store site.





For my take, I turned the sketch side ways, used two photos and stitched chevrons connecting many of the circles in the grid pattern.




Here is the sketch:




Supplies: patterned papers and printable pdf (Chic Tags), chipboard letters (Fancy Pants), inks, pen and wood veneers (CTMH), metal bike (Michaels), marker (Sharpie), thread


TTFN,


2 comments:

Monique Liedtke said...

Awesome page Cassandra!! LOVE the stitching and the papers you used!

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

Fabolous take on the sketch!The stiching adds so much texture - great idea!