Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

Winnie and Walter Share the Love Day 2 - Ombre

Day 2's Winnie & Walter Share the Love with Tim Holtz Distress inks challenge sees participants using an ombre technique and distress inks.  Again, I learned this distress ink stamping technique during Watercolour for Card Makers Class.  My first try during the class in May had some bleeding drips of colour as I had added too much water.  This time I got it working better and am quite pleased with the results.








Supplies: happy word cut file (Winnie and Walter), watercolour cardstock (Canson), Tim Holtz distress inks (Ranger), cardstock (Bazzill), pen (CTMH), sequins (Winnie and Walter purchase thanks pack)



I played with the W&W cut files that I got received when I purchased The Big, the Bold, and the Happy set.  I created a three tier happy with the one happy word.

On this one, I cropped the end tail to better fit the card.









Supplies: happy word cut file (Winnie and Walter), watercolour cardstock (Canson), Tim Holtz distress inks (Ranger), cardstock (Bazzill), pen (CTMH)


These are such bright and cheery backgrounds for the wonderful Happy sentiment. Thanks W&W for providing the impetus to try the technique again.

TTFN,


4 comments:

Rachael Funnell said...

OH! WOW! both these cards are FAN FAB U LAS.... love them!

Monique Liedtke said...

This is just great!! LOVE the colors, the technique and the sentiment!! Would love to see how you did this!

Ella Swan said...

WOW looks totally amazing - well done!

Dana Tatar said...

Stunning cards! I love the watercolor backgrounds! Thanks for sharing. :)