Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Background Bonanza - Journal Journey

I have some catch up to do with sharing some recently made creations. With my academic course over and after such a creative time lull , I am feeling the need to create. Over the last week, I went on a bit of a creative binge (with a little help from Easter holiday time).  I did a bunch of DT work, made some layouts, journal pages, a few cards, just played and enjoyed. Now I have to get caught up with photographing and posting. LOL!

Today, I am sharing a journal page that I made for Journal Journey 2015 February's prompt for backgrounds.





Supplies: mixed media paper (Strathmore), FW Acrylic inks (Daler-Rowney), acrylic paints (DecoArt and Plaid), Dina Wakely Scribbly Birds stamp set, Tim Holtz black Distress Paint and Archival ink (Ranger), stencil (The Crafter's Workshop), Music Score stamp (Impression Obsession), Studio G white pigment ink (Hampton Arts), gesso (Golden), Uniball pen


I had a great time trying the different background techniques that Jodi shared. I started with my new FW Acrylic inks as the base on Strathmore Mixed Media paper as I wanted to see how they flowed, mixed, reacted, etc. Then I layered on colour with acrylic paints and stenciled and stamped. LOVE the results! I will definitely use that approach in the future.





Stamping the Dina Wakely bird, from her Scribbly Birds stamp set, on watercolour paper, I then coloured it using watercolour pencil crayons. Once dry, I fussy cut it, doodled the "nest", and then glued the bird in place. To finish it off, I stamped the quote and the tweets.

Looking forward to sharing more over the coming week.

TTFN,


1 comment:

Carole Dion said...

Very pretty!!Love the colors of it.