Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

'Tis the Season

It has been awhile since I have had the opportunity or the inclination to create. With Christmas holidays upon me, it brings some much needed respite and time to try to get back to some semblance of my prior norm. Even with oodles of ideas and projects already on the go, it was hard to get at it and focus; so I decided to try to get myself into the spirit of the season and just play in an art journal.

I wanted to start with something of a manageable size and just allow for some freedom to play. Thus, I chose my Moleskin journal with its' 8x10 double page size.





Supplies: Joy stamp and Script & Postmark stamp, Mini Holly flower and Holly Border stencils, patterned paper and Red Nuance (Magenta), Cloudy Sky StazOn, Gold Delicata ink, Gold Sheer Shimmer Spritz (Tsukineko - Imagine Crafts), Warm IV Grey, Green and White STamper's Big Brushes (Faber-Castell), glass bead gel, gesso (Golden), clear gesso (Liquitex), Glue N' Seal, Distress Micro Glaze, Distress Inks (Ranger), tissue paper (misc.) 

I wasn't feeling this one at times throughout the process but as I kept adding things and going away to mull my next creative step or choices, it started to feel better. Truth be told it took several days in short periods to complete but it did eventually evolve into something that I like.






As for the process...
- I stamped the Joy sentiment from Magenta with grey StazOn onto white tissue paper and adhered it to the journal pages with gel medium and then muted it with white gesso then gave it tooth with clear gesso so it would work better with Nuance watercolour effects.
- Then I stamped the background with my fav Magenta Script and Post stamp using Delicata Gold.
- Using glass bead gel, I stenciled the poinsettia multiple times to create the base for the wreath.
- Once dry, I pre-wet the areas around the flowers where I wanted the red to go and sprinkled the red Nuance onto those areas.
- I used some of the saturated red coloured water from the project on my brush to splatter around the page
- Once dry, I set the colour with Ranger's Distress wax and then used Lime Citron and Peeled Paint to stencil in the leaves of the wreath.
- It just needed its' title, which I cut from Magenta patterned paper using my Silhouette Cameo and then sprayed the cutout with gold Sheer Shimmer Spritz. - A few grey shadows and some white highlights and it was done.







This one does bring some joy... not only of the season but of a sense of accomplishment. 

TTFN,






Magenta products used:

TM124 - Mini holly

1 comment:

Mariëtte said...

I wish you a happy and creative new year!