Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Hey Sunshine!

At this point in winter, a little sunshine can brighten anyone's day so today I am spreading some around. This mixed media card was inspired by Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog's Ray of Sunshine challenge featuring Dina Wakley products. 






Supplies: cardstock (Canadian Scrapbooker Super Stock, CTMH), Dina Wakley acrylic paints and stamps (Ranger), watercolour paper (Strathmore 500 Series), watercolour pencils (Derwent, Reeves), sunray stencil (Magenta), Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Archival Ink (Ranger),  VersaMark, StazOn (Tsukineko), clear emboss powder (CTMH), Tim Holtz letter stickers (Advantus), Silhouette cut file, paint marker (Elmer's)

I stamped one of the Scribbly bird sentiments with VersaMark and clear heat embossed it before using a brayer and two of Dina's acrylic paint colours to create the background piece. Once dry, I stamped with the "Tweet. Chirp." stamp from the collection using grey StazOn. Lastly, I splattered white paint from a paint marker. For the ray, I Distress inked a Magenta sunray that I cut from a stencil and layered the fussy cut watercoloured Scribbly bird on top. A Silhouette cut file and some stickers were used for the sentiment.

Sending a little sunshine your way. :)

TTFN,


3 comments:

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What an absolutely charming card you've created here! It is the perfect marriage of our sunray / Dina Wakley theme. I love the colors you chose and how you paired them so well. This could've gone garish, but you kept every tone and shade so perfect-- it looks incredible. I also love how you combined different fonts/letters to give it an elegant and edgy vibe. That background, too, makes me happy with all of the cute little "tweet" words repeated. This is full of artistry and attention to detail and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing this! Thank you so much for taking the time to submit it for our Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Mariëtte said...

Just gorgeous. I can feel the sun shining!

Beulah Bee said...

Super clever, super cute!