Pages

Monday, July 4, 2016

Prima Watercolour Day 2


For those of you who shop Michaels, if you are anything like me, you cruise the $1.50 bins (that is in Canada, likely they are $1 bins in the US) for potential crafty goodies. A month or so ago, I picked up a couple of different 5 card packs of Thank You cards, thinking that they would be perfect bases to add to for greeting cards. I had originally envisioned them for papercrafting but then in looking at them again the other day, I noticed that they were a nice textured cardstock and wondered how they would stand up to watercolouring. So for Prima's 30 Day Watercolor Challenge, with the Day 2 prompt of Blended Colours, I gave it a try. 




Got to say, it worked wonderfully! I used a wet-on-wet technique and it held up with only slight warping which was fixed under a heavy stack of books.

I used painter's tape to mask off the centre sentiment strip. Then, I clear heat emboss stamped a series of outline flower shapes from the Prima Glorious Flowers stamp set using VersaMark ink and Simon Says Stamp Fine Clear Embossing powder. Leaving the masking tape in place, I then watercoloured the flowers with a blend of Yellow and Pink using the Classics Confection watercolours. Once dry, I painted the leaves and flower centres with the Green. It needed a little more so I free formed loose florals and foliage until I was pleased with the composition. To finish it off, I splattered a bit of green. Once completely dry, I removed the tape and voila! I love how this one turned out!

I am joining in with this card over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday 'Anything Goes' Challenge.


TTFN,


2 comments:

sarascloset said...

Ok, this is my favorite! what a great idea to use pre-sentimented cards! Your flowers are GORGEOUS! Love this simple, but effective design! Hugs!

Jo Nevill said...

Wow, this is so beautiful. Your watercoloring is amazing !

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x