Pages

Monday, September 25, 2017

Falling For Fall

Well, with 40 degree celsius weather here in central Ontario, it certainly doesn't feel fallish today, however the leaves are beginning to show the season as they are starting their colour change with the increasingly shorter daylight hours.


Inspired by some of the best parts of the season... clear blue skies and the beautiful colours of falling leaves, I am sharing this Magenta card that is up on the Magenta Blog.






I started with a 5"x7"140 lb cold press watercolour paper and clear heat emboss stamped the Zen Maple Leaf in a patterned design. Next, I watercoloured the leaves with combinations of Golden Yellow, Orange, and Red Nuance powders. Once dry, I watercolured the background in between the leaves with a very watered down Turquoise Nuance powder solution and then added depth of colour with some touches of Aquamarine using a wet-on-wet technique. Then, I white heat emboss stamped the Life is Beautiful sentiment on a chipboard tag and attached it to the panel with twine. Lastly, I adhered the completed panel to a card base.

TTFN,

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Great card Cassandra. I was curious to see the completed project! Nice to have met you on the weekend.