Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Believe - the Magic of Make Believe

As children grow they often leave behind the fun of make believe play as it is not a cool thing in the tween or teen years.  So when my daughter and nieces decided to play fairies and took their make believe play into the backyard, I quickly grabbed my camera thinking this might be one of my last opportunities to capture such fun joyful memories.

More often than not, I find that I take oodles of photos in the hopes of getting a few great shots out of the batch. Then I tend to scrap a few of the best or those that tell a certain story but many are left behind to go in the general photo box.  As I scrap non-chronologically, I use photos from different years as they work with certain ideas, inspirations or products. Such was the case from this summer's day photo session from a couple of summers ago. 

About a week ago, I pulled out the photos of this day and par usual, I looked them over and pulled out a bunch of the best ones.  I scrapped some fun ones of my niece in a layout entitled Fairy Fun. Then, I designated four others for two more layout ideas and the remainders were then relegated to the photo box.

A few days later, I was trying to come up with an idea for the Magenta 20th anniversary acrostic challenge, when this photo came to mind.  While it is not a particularly great photo from a photography stand point, it was perfect for telling the story and preserving the memory of a childhood make believe play moment.  Thus out it came from the photo box and a layout idea was born.


Supplies: patterned papers, stamp and letter stickers (Magenta), VersaMark ink (Tsukineko), emboss powder (Sugar Loaf Products), acrylic letters (Heidi Swapp), flowers (Making Memories), butterfly punch (Martha Stewart), thread, staples, and bitty jewels (Dollarama)

Here is a closer look at some of the details and the journaling.


Journaling reads: The fun & joy of make believe.  The ability to get lost in another realm where everything is possible.  Your imagination knows no bounds.  To be free to be a fairy fluttering with others in a world all your own.

As the layout came together, I even created a tutorial to go along with it highlighting an alternative way to get more out of a stamp image. It can be found on the Magenta blog here.

TTFN,

3 comments:

Unknown said...

just perfect!

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

You're so right - it's not always the best photos which are right for the story you want to tell. But that's great with scrapping - if you add some journaling the photo gets a complete new meaning...

Love how clean this layout is, but still with interesting details. TFS!

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

Magnifique!!