Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Celebrating Father's Day

Yeah! I am finished my course this weekend and back to having some time to create.  First order of business, create a Father's Day card to celebrate the day.

I made this Father's Day card last night using some Magenta products that totally fit my design idea. I wanted a metallic mosaic look for the base with the embossed aluminum ties sticker as the focal point. I was going for a masculine retro metallic feel for this card.





Supplies: stencil, embossed metal, chipboard letters (Magenta), whipped spackle and gelatos (Faber-Castell), Tim Holtz distress paint and watercolour cardstock (Ranger), pen (CTMH)


I stencilled with a geometric design stencil using whipped spackle. Then once dry, I coloured the rectangles with colour combinations of gelatos (Chocolate and Brown) and metallic gelatos (Silver and Gold)using a waterbrush. It is hard to see in the photo but there is a frosted tile-like finish to the rectangles.  I outlined each one using a ultrafine 0.2 marker to make them pop.

I applied black Tim Holtz distress paint to the embossed metal ties sticker, let the paint set up a bit, and then buffed some way to highlight the ties detailing and give it a distressed metal look. Using the paint, it was super easy to colour the chipboard letters too due to the dabber design. I elected to leave the letter centres in, giving them a bolder look, so that they wouldn't get lost in the busy background.

Decided to play along with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge with this card for the challenge is paint.


TTFN,


2 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful! A wonderful combination of textures. And amazing stencil work. Thank you for sharing this card with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful card! The stencilled rectangles are fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!