Pages

Friday, July 4, 2014

Magenta ATC Swap Reveal

Mariëtte, my wonderful fellow DT Member over at Magenta, was the impetus and organizer of the Second Magenta ATC Swap.  What a wonderful event and I was so excited to be a part of it. She posted the ATC Reveal on the Magenta Blog here and my goodness, there was such beautiful art work with a variety of styles and a vast array of Magenta stamps.


Here were the four that I traded in the swap:







This one was made stamping the Hola, Hello, and Bonjour speech bubble stamps with StazOn ink and then shading in the background with Distress ink on photo paper. Doodling, paint splatters and glitter finish it off.






For this one, again on satin photo paper and using a variety StazOn ink colours, I first stamped the Life is Art sentiment stamp in the centre.  Then, I masked off a section of the If Nothing Ever Changed stamp using Post-its so as to ink just the butterfly.  I coloured in the letters with the ink using a shaped cotton swab stick and created the speckled dots using the end of a toothpick as a stamping tool to transfer the ink colour.






This is the third one done on satin photo paper too. Love the bold, vivid colour that is created on the photo paper. Aren't those colours fabulous? and that feather stamp.... LOVE IT!  I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink colour Peacock Feather's and StazOn Ink in Lilac.  For the sentiment, I heat emboss stamped the Give Wings to Your Passion with white on black cardstock and then fussy cut around the words.







This one is very different from the others.  I stamped with Archival ink on to 140 lb cardstock and then coloured it in using Derwent watercolour pencil crayons and a water brush.  The bird is part of the To:/From: Bird stamp which I masked off again with post-its in loading it up with ink.









I actually started by stamping the bird and then used a masking gum product to paint over the stamped image. Then, I stamped the Dogwood Branch stamp.  Once dry, I simply used a gum eraser and removed the masking fluid.  It works amazingly.  Finishing it off was the stamped Think Happy Thoughts sentiment.

Next up, here are the watercolour beauties that Marianne, my swap partner from the Netherlands,  created:








Love the delicate nature of these.

Hoping that the ATC event happens again in the fall with even more artists joining in.:)

TTFN,


2 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

All of your cards are beautiful Cassandra! Love the variety of styles and mix of color palettes!

Mariëtte said...

Yours are just wonderful! There will be defenitly another Magenta swap this year!