Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Journal Journey - January

A journey begins with one small step... well, I am on a new journey for 2015... a Journal Journey generously being offered over at Kreative Koncepts.  The January Road Trip - White with 2 colours featuring resist techniques.








Supplies: 12x9 Mixed Media Journal (Strathmore), script and circle stamps and butterfly stencil (Magenta), alphabet stamps (Dollarama), Black Archival Ink (Ranger), gelatos and Black Stamper's Big Brush (Faber-Castell), watercolour paints (Artist Loft), white ink (Tsukineko), pen (Uniball), Vaseline, burlap, Styrofoam cup, candle (misc.)


I used Vaseline resist for the stenciled Magenta butterflies and wax candle resist for the titling. I started my watercolouring with pink and yellow Faber-Castell gelatos and deepened the pink with watercolour paint. I used some found items around the house too... to add texture, I stamped using a bitty piece of scrap burlap and the largest rings are made with the bottom of a styrofoam cup and a Big Brush Marker.

TTFN,


1 comment:

Carole Dion said...

Love it! Les couleurs vibrantes sont magnifique!!