Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Delight in Creating

I have wanted to try some string painting for a while now. I have seen Louise Nelson do some spectacular pieces with this technique and have been totally inspired to give it a go. What better way to give it a try than on an art journal page...  pressure free creative fun.



Supplies: journal (Moleskine), gelato (Faber-Castell), acrylic paints (DecoArt), butterfly stamp (Magenta), delight stamp (Heidi Swapp), vellum (The Paper Company), gold embossing powder (CTMH), Versamark (Tsukineko), Glimmer Glaze (Tattered Angels), die cuts (Maggie Holmes- Crate Paper and Amy Tangerine-American Crafts), Gelly Roll pen (Sakura)


I decided to use my Moleskine journal due to its size which I felt would be comfortable for this experimentation. First, I water coloured with a pink gelato and created some splatters too. Next, I used a piece of embroidery floss and dragged it through black acrylic paint and then laid it on the page in a swirly design. I repeated that process one more time. Once dry, I added some sparkly splatters with pink glimmer glaze. Then, I acrylic paint stamped the Heidi Swapp "delight". 






For embellishments, I added in some vellum as an inspiration for Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge of No Ordinary PaperI pulled out some Maggie Holmes floral die cuts and started with the gold foil text vellum flower and then added two other flowers that would work with the Amy Tangerine "Create Everyday" die cut and the gelato pink. 




I heat embossed my favourite Magenta Butterfly stamp on vellum and fussy cut it. For finishing touches... a little doodling and some shadows with a Gelly Roll pen.

There you have it. My delight... create everyday!

TTFN,


No comments: