Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Tim Holtz Tags of 2016





One creative thing that I would like to do this year is participate in Tim Holtz "Tags of 2016" series this year. I really like his concept of remixing two techniques from his previous years tags. Quite a brilliant concept as it allows those that have participated over many years to revisit techniques and come up with something totally new and for newcomers to learn multiple ones each month and not feel like they have missed out. Truly the best of both worlds!




Supplies: tag, foil, Distress paints, Antiquities Frosted Crystals (Ranger), Top Hat High Society Blueprint stamp (Stampers Anonymous), Keyboard Texture fades folder (Sizzix), paper string, label letters, fasteners, mini paper clips, washi tape, charms, tiny attacher staples, word band (Advantus), Versamark and StazOn (Tsukineko), cardstock (Bazzill), chalk (Misc.) 


I had two ideas from one of the blueprint stamp sets that I own. After reviewing all the parts of the tag lesson, I decided that it would be easy enough to make them both at the same time and then see which one I liked best at the end.



Supplies: tag, foil, Distress paints, Distress stain, Antiquities Frosted Crystals (Ranger), Fleur de lis High Society Blueprint stamp (Stampers Anonymous), French Script Texture fades folder (Sizzix), crinkle ribbon, fasteners, mini paper clips, washi tape, typed tokens, word band (Advantus), Versamark and StazOn (Tsukineko), cardstock (Bazzill), chalk (Misc.) 


The best tip for me this month was to cut a slit at the top of the emboss folder to slide the tag through thus allowing you to choose which part of the emboss image you wish to use. Totally awesome and works so well!

Here is a close up of the dimensional foil layering for the hat trim.





Here you can see the dimensional layering with cardstock and foil.





In the end, I can't decide which I like better. I am really happy with each look and they each mean something different for me as the start of a New Year.

TTFN,


No comments: