Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2017

ATCs from Magenta Scraps

I am up on the Magenta blog today with two ATCs made from scraps. After creating my Magenta "Circle of Friends" layout, I had some interesting shaped patterned paper scraps from the smallest circles. I used them and some of the other leftover altered paper pieces to create these two ATCs.




To make them, I gessoed 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" kraft cardstock pieces. Next, I stamped a script Vintage Letter background on one and a Sheet of Music background on the other and then used more gesso to adhere the circle scraps in different designs. Then, I heat embossed the Make Time to Play and Art sentiments on each different background.




Next, I used the two distressed Small Asian Bubble Flowers that I had leftover and punched small and smaller flowers out of the stamped flowers' surrounding distress paper. To finish them off, I adhered the flowers in different arrangements and to one I added jewels... 




and to the other I added black glitter glue.




Using up layout scraps to make cards and/or ATCs is quick and easy. The leftover pieces are already colour coordinated and using them is a great way to avoid wastage. Just another way to make your crafting supplies go that little bit further.

TTFN,


Magenta products used:
ME232 LILIANNE - 10 Sheets
Lilianne Patterned Paper ME232

ME076 Tangerine Odyssey - 10 sheets
Tangerine Odyssey Patterned Paper ME076
Asian Bubble Flower - Small
Small Asian Bubble Flower 0629.G
Sheet of Music
Sheet of Music 95.194.M
Vintage Letter
Vintage Letter 95.214.M


No comments: