Pages

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Aries Galaxy Card

I really do love it when my teenage daughter requests custom cards for her friends. It tells me not only that she likes my artwork but also that she deems it cool enough to share with her peers. In the latest instance, she asked me to make a birthday card for her best friend. She wanted to know if I could make it a galaxy one like my eclipse ATC and could I put the Aries constellation on it. I showed her another galaxy card that I had created for Queen of the Crop retreat Make'n Take and it was along the lines of what she wanted.






I used Canson XL 140 lb watercolour paper and lightly drew the constellation and Aries word with a yellow pencil first. Then, I used a fine brush and covered the pencil lines with masking fluid. Next, I used my Kuretake Gansai Tambi paints using a wet on wet technique to paint the galaxy. Once dry, I rubbed off the masking fluid and matted it on black cardstock. I am happy to say that my daughter was thrilled with the results.

This is my colouring for Day 30 of the 30 Day Coloring Challenge and I am entering this card in this week's Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Wednesday Challenge.


TTFN,


1 comment:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Cassandra :-) I love the background, what a great galaxy!! the whole design of this is out of this world fabulous :-)

Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x