Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Scrap Happy Day!

I woke up this morning and while enjoying my morning tea I thought I would check the Get Picky site for their Inspiration Challenge #9 winners as due to different time zones (it is an Australian site) they post while the eastern part of North America is sleeping.  Talk about starting the day on a high!

Get Picky

While sending in some publications submissions, I got to thinking that the Twilight Beauties layout and I sent if off to Scrapbook and Cards Today on the off chance that it might make it into a Reader's Submission post this summer.  Imagine my surprise when Catherine Tachdjian emailed me back!!! A whole lot of whoo hoo and my daughter came into the kitchen to shush me as apparently my DH was on the phone in another room and had made a displeased face. (Doesn't the man know that it is very exciting to have a layout featured?) Definitely not excitement to be contained, let me tell you. 

Scrapbook and Cards Today Magazine

Is it any wonder that it was a scrap happy day for me today?

What better way to top off this super happy post then with a little scrappy eye candy goodness?  Here is a layout that I made awhile back from a Nook kit (August 2010) but had not posted. 

Supplies:
PP, diecut stickers, die cut border strip (Sassafras Lass), flowers and felt (Prima), love definition stamp, ink, and pink CS (CTMH), black CS (Bazzill), ribbon doillies (Basic Grey), fabric chipboard letter stickers (American Crafts), glitter mini alphabet (Making Memories), butterfly (Recollections), jewels (Heidi Swapp) and pen (Creative Memories)
This is one of my all time favourites.

TTFN,

2 comments:

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

CONGRATS!!! It makes me feel great knowing that we made the right decision when we chose YOU as a HM! So very deserving - well done :)

Also LOVING this page with the August Nook kit. It is so pretty, great design!

Carol said...

love that layout!!! soooo pretty ;)