Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Back at it!

I find it so hard to believe that we are already three months into the year. They have just slipped away as I have been continually ill and have yet to be totally healthy this year. Day five into the March Break here and I am actually feeling like my old self since the first week of January. Yeah! I am crossing my fingers that my health will stay on track for the better once school starts again next week.

It really has been a bit.  I haven't been able to scrap much and I missed it.  The few items that I have, have been for Scrapbook News and Review  Magazine and upcoming Magenta posts, so I will share these when I can.

Here are a few things that have gone on ...



About six weeks ago my sweet, super talented, papercrafting friend Sherri Funk nominated me for a Liebster blog award. Given everything that was going on, I unfortunately did not get a chance to share it and pass it forward.  I still wish to recognize this kind and generous gesture that she bestowed upon me in someway so be sure to check out her wonderful work.  I promise it will be well worth the while.



Magenta is 20 years old this year. Wow! Twenty years in this industry is a spectacular accomplishment.  As part of the year long celebration, there are monthly challenge giveaways.  This month's just started so check out the details.


Here is my Dt take of this month's challenge using a stamped background to create a card


Supplies: Magenta stamp and letter stickers; Clearsnap ink; Doodlebug flock;Kitchen Parts doilie; Anchor floss; Dollarama jewels

I played with this one and tried something a little different.  After randomly stamping the cardface background in pink ink, I used a glue pen on the leaves and adhered green flock on them. This is one of those "pictures do not do it justice" type projects because the textures do not translate well into 2 D.  With the flocking, doillie, stitching and jewels, it is a cheery card sure to brighten the lucky recipient friend's day.

Hoping for sunny skies in your part of the world!


TTFN,

2 comments:

Sherri said...

It is so wonderful to hear you're on the mend and see you blogging and creating again my friend!

Carol said...

sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well...hope it's nothing serious and that you stay on the mend.