Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

MME Challenge 33 Layout

My Mind's Eye layout sketch challenge for this month is another great versatile design that leaves much to the interpretation of the artist. By the looks of it, there were a lot of others out there that it spoke to because over 100 scrappers participated including some pretty big scrappy names thrown in the mixed. Not really that surprising for the prize is a choice of a collection.  Given that MME consistently puts out fab releases, with this CHA being no exception, who wouldn't want to give it a try? Gorgeous stuff!

Some of that gorgeousness, in the form of Miss Caroline Dolled Up, was featured in the March Kit at My Scrapbook Nook and that is what I used for my take.


Supplies: patterned papers, wood butterfly, grey and pink twine, cardstock stickers, and pins (MME), doilie (Michaels), fabric letters (American Crafts), font (TXT Abrasive), sketch (MME)


My daughter had on just the right colour for this one and I couldn't be happier because I am lovin' the results.  There is a bigger story behind the events surrounding the photo but I am honouring my daughters request that I not journal that part publicly. She is such a dear sweetie and I am so proud of her perseverance.

Here is the original sketch for the challenge. 


MME2012_sketch_layout03_thumb[1]

As you can see, I went with a round shape rather than the large rectangle one because it was more suited to the background patterned paper plus that doilie is just so darn cute.  Be sure to check out the other wonderful takes.  Tons of eye candy and inspiration there!

TTFN,

1 comment:

Sherri said...

I am in love with the doily, it just makes the whole layout pop! Gorgeous stuff Cassandra.