Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A Single and a Double to Share

SNR's April edition saw me digging into my stash (yeah!) to create two of my assignment layouts.  First up is my Fun and Playful stylized take on a Carey Bridges' layout for what SNR terms a reverse sketch; where by the designer takes a layout and creates a stylized layout based on it.  For this one, I used Pink Paislee's House of Three's brightly coloured and fun Soiree Collection.


Supplies: Patterned Papers: Pink Paislee/House of 3; Black Cardstock: Bazzill; White Cardstock: Close to My Heart; Glitter Chipboard Letters: American Crafts; Glitter Sticker Letters: Recollections; White Pen: Signo; Pink Marker: Sharpie; Border Punch: Fiskars; Font: GungsuhChe

I love the pop the paper gives especially with the black or white backing in sections.

Next up is my take on a two page sketch by Lucy Chesna.  I played with this one going for a girlish grunge feel on this layout. I used gesso to alter the background papers prior to heat embossing the stars border and distressing and grunging the edges.


Supplies: Patterned Papers, Phrase Stickers and Pen: Creative Memories; Cardstock: Bazzill and Close to My Heart; Gesso: Golden; Paint: DecoArt; VersaMark and StazOn: Tsukineko; Emboss Powder: Stampendous; Stamps: Close to My Heart and SandyLion; Tim Holtz Grunge Board Stars: Rangers; Chipboard Letters: Lil Davis Designs; Cardstock Letter Stickers: Webster's Pages; Toronto Maple Leafs Sticker: SportStar Decals; Eyeletz: Provo Craft ;  Sketch: Lucy Chesna

Apparently shinny is primarily a Canadian term.  It is an informal pick up game of hockey with no set number of players and does not require regulation equipment.

Here is a look at the original sketch:



Other than using a larger series of three photos and stars in place of scallops, I stuck fairly close to the sketch as it suited my photos well.


TTFN,



1 comment:

Sherri said...

The double pager is awesome! Love the pink/black, and white combo.