Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

This & That

Literally that is... of the Echo Park variety.  The This & That Graceful collection was one of my favs from this past year. A good thing too because I ended up with two packs of it.  I have been very fortunate over the time that I was a kit subscriber to not end up buying something before it happened to come out in a kit. (I can say that I have been guilty of buying some more of something afterwards because I loved it so much though. LOL!) But with this collection, I had to have it and purchased it at ScrapFest only to have it arrive in a Nook kit a few weeks later.

Thus far, I have loved anything I have made with it! The designs and colours... they just make me feel good. Definitely a bonus when one is creating.

Here is a fun whimsical layout that I made to go with the cute photo of my daughter from a few summers ago.



Supplies - Patterned Papers, Chipboard, Stickers: Echo Park Paper;  Punches: Martha Stewart, Marvy Uchida; Doilie: Today’s Kitchen; Fabric Letters: American Crafts; Acrylic Bird: Heidi Swapp; Embroidery Floss: Loops and Threads; Pen: Creative Memories


It was my Fun And Playful style take on this Jennifer Matot reverse sketch assignment:




I made this card at a crop for a dear teacher friend of mine.


Supplies: patterned paper and stickers (Echo Park), butterfly punch (Martha Stewart), square punch (Creative Memories), button pins (Maya Road), embroidery floss and jewels (Dollarama), pen (Staedtler), sketch (PageMaps)

I had such a strong feeling that she was going to get a contract that I created this card and even wrote the congratulations inside, weeks before she got one.  It is funny how sometimes we just know.  I was able to give her the card a few weeks later on the day she official received word.

I have a few more This & That projects to share but I will do so at another time. Until then...

TTFN,

4 comments:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Cute work!!! Love the design on these!!! :D

Monique Liedtke said...

Gorgeous projects! Love the layout of your daughter a lot! and that photo is so cute :).

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

Fabolous use of those girly papers! I some times wish I had girls, too, not boys only, as I love scrapping with pink.

I love how you made the banner on the card, and how you used the pins - very creative! And the layout is just adorable - I love how you put all the random pieces together!

I wish you the very best for 2013, Cassandra, and sincerly hope you are given the opportunity to mangage the balance between work and life!

Patricia Roebuck said...

Oh these are beautiful! Love all the colors and beautiful designs! Happy New Year!