Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

A Tag and an ATC with July 12 Tags of 2016


While I made my July tag just under the wire at the end of last month for Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2016, I felt it was a bit of a dud and chose not to link it up. I wasn't going to post the tag at all, just the ATC. but I am taking the advice of Katelyn Grosart, my fellow Emerald Creek DT teammate, and just post it later. I am thinking that it is sometimes good to show when things don't quite go as planned.




Now don't get me wrong, I do like everything about it other than what happen to the top of the butter knife. As you can see, there was a mishap with the red wash part of my attempt at a checker cloth for my life everyday adventure of eating food. It was a disappointment that it happened after all the effort that I had put in up until that point in the process.




Supplies: watercolour paper, kraft tag, Tim Holtz Distress Inks[Hickory Smoke, Pumice Stone, Walnut Stain, Barn Door, Candy Apple], Micro Glaze, Hickory Smoke Archival ink (Ranger), Day Dream stamp set (Stampers Anonymous), Idea-ology token (Advantus), black cardstock (Bazzill), fonts Arial narrow Bold and Minstral (Silhouette Cameo cutter), burlap and stars (Misc.)


I had used half width cut strips of green painter's tape to mask off the checkered cloth design and the adhesive either interacted or lifted off the micro glaze causing it to allow the stain to go through, much to my dismay. I know I certainly had enough Micro Glaze on prior to putting the tape down and I had worked it into the paper as this was not the first time that I have used it. Oh well! Learned something new. As Tim says... "embrace imperfection" so I am chalking this one up to... "oops oh well!" and "better done than perfect". Love those Dina-isms.

I think I am finding this one easier to take because I also had the ATC, which I was making simultaneously, that turned out well.




Supplies: watercolour paper, Tim Holtz Distress Inks [Cracked Pistachio, Tumbled Glass, Antique Linen, Walnut Stain], Micro Glaze, Black Soot Archival ink (Ranger), Clear Mini Blueprints stamp (Stampers Anonymous), Idea-ology metal arrow and letter sticker (Advantus), kraft cardstock (CTMH), black cardstock (Bazzill), fonts Arial Narrow Bold (Silhouette Cameo cutter)


It was fun trying to size everything to an ATC size which worked well with the mini Blueprint stamp. As I do not own any of the Tim Holtz word dies (yet), I made the look work by using fonts with my Cameo Silhouette. I chose to use Cracked Pistachio for the colour of the sewing machine as an ode to my grandmother's sewing machine, which I inherited and is actually a darker version of that colour. The surrounding shading was done with Tumbled Glass but it unfortunately took on a greenish hue (similar to Cracked Pistachio) once I added the Antique linen. Just another something that I learned from this experience. All in all, I am pleased with how this one turned out. 


TTFN,


No comments: