Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Week 8 of Summer of Creative Chemistry

Week 8 had tons of info as it encompassed two days from Creative Creative Chemistry 102. I made two cards combining two techniques from each day section.

The first was a combination of a brayer stained background with faux cracked glass techniques from Day 3.




Supplies: tag, Clear Rock Candy Crackle paint, Glue N' Seal, Distress Stains [Broken China, Antique Linen, Twisted Citron, Lucky Clover, Vintage Photo], Distress ink [Antique Linen, Vintage Photo], Blending Solution (Ranger), markers (Sharpie), Daydreamer stamp set (Stampers Anonymous), small talk occasions stickers (Advantus), twine (Dollarama)



Made due with what I had so I stamped the leaves from the Tim Holtz Daydream stamp set with Saddle Brown StazOn ink onto acetate and then continued on with the technique as presented in the lesson. To colour the leaves, I again had to use what I used Sharpie markers and the Blending Solution. It worked well enough to colour and give the faux cracked glass effect. I will have to try this technique again when my new order of alcohol inks arrives.


The second card was created with emboss techniques from a combination of Sticky Powder with glitter for the background and chalkboard technique with Antiquities emboss powder.



Supplies: kraft cardstock (CTMH), black cardstock (Bazzill), Tim holtz stamper (Stampers Anonymous), Picket Fence and Tumbled Glass Distress ink, Picket Fence stain and Acrylic paint, Emboss It, Sticky Powder emboss, Antiquities (Ranger), glitter (Recollections)


I started with the intention of using Picket Fence Distress ink and my vehicle for the sticky powder but it was really dry and didn't show so well so I gave it a bit of umph of colour with Tumbled Glass Distress. It shows up really quite well on the white. Then, I stamped with VersaMark ink to adhere the sticky powder. Thank goodness for my MISTI as I would not have been able to stamp like that without it!




I tried to added a border of Distress Picket Fence but again really light so I used the Picket Fence stain to dab the edges for a more opaque white look.

While Creative Chemistry 102 is over for the live interactive portion, there is still many techniques that I will go back and try over time. The Summer of Creative Chemistry continues with the much anticipated Creative Chemistry 103.

TTFN,


1 comment:

Mariëtte said...

Love the tag and the twist of using your own supplies to get almost the same effect. Clever girl you are!