Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2018

Quick Cards


Hello Crafty Peeps! Sometimes all you need is a beautifully designed stencil, a stamp and some inks to make quick simple yet effective cards. I am sharing two Magenta cards made with a similar design on two different size card bases.




Both cards were made with precut and scored bases that can be found at a craft store. The first one is on 4 x 5 1/2" folded card base that I had aligned the Laces stencil in the centre before securing both with some tape (painter's tape or washi works best). Next, I started at the top and the bottom, using Peacock Feathers and Twisted Citron Distress inks and a blending tool, to gently and gradually add colour; first with the blue and then green. I was light of hand and built the colour intensity up at the ends and faded to nothing in the the middle where I would stamp my sentiment. On this card, I used the smaller Thank You sentiment as it was proportional to the card size.




Supplies: Laces Stencil and Sentiment stamp (Magenta), Reflections cardbase (Michaels), Tim Holtz Peacock Feathers and Twisted Citron Distress inks, Black Soot Archival Ink (Ranger)

On the second card, I wanted to show you how you can use the stencil size as is using a 5 X 6 1/2" cardbase and a simple placement design that works for it. I first secured the cardbase at the top and bottom to my craft mat with tape. Then, I aligned the Laces stencil with the centre of the card and secured it on the right and left sides as that is where they are larger than the base. I followed the same inking process as I outlined above however this time I used the same colours but in their Distress Oxide forms. I left a larger fade out to white in the centre to accommodate the larger Thanks sentiment. To finish this card off, I added some bling with some larger clear jewels in the centres of the each repeated design area.





Supplies: Laces Stencil and Sentiment stamp (Magenta), Reflections cardbase (Michaels), Tim Holtz  Peacock Feathers and Twisted Citron Distress Oxide inks, Black Soot Archival Ink (Ranger), jewels (Flourish with a Bling)


I just have to say that I am really loving the Peacock Feathers and Twisted Citron colour combo on these. Unfortunately the photos really do not capture the vivid nature of them in real life.


TTFN,



*****
Magenta products used:

No comments: