Pages

Saturday, March 30, 2019

Magenta Easter Blessings


Hello Crafty Friends! With the weather here in Ontario starting to trend above zero, it is starting to truly feel like spring. Nothing heralds the season more than Easter with its iconic symbols of ducklings, chicks and bunnies. These little cuties bring smiles and new beginnings. Who can resist a cute bunny? I certainly can't and that was my inspiration for the card that I am sharing over on the Magenta blog today.






I started this card by using Nuance powders to colour a piece of cardstock paper with Turquoise for the background, Yellow on the sunburst part of the Geometric stencil on cardstock and Grass Green on torn scrap pieces of watercolour paper. While the pieces were drying, I reverse stamped the Sketchy Bunny with Coffee Archival ink on watercolour paper, painted it, and fussy cut it out. Next, I used the interlinking circles stencil from the Background Trios Templates to add some interest to the Turquoise blue background by removing colour through the stencil with a baby wipe. Then, using the Vintage Letter stamp and Mustard Seed Distress ink, I added some subtle script text to the cut out sunshine ray. Lastly, I assembled all the pieces along with adding the Easter Blessing sentiment by black heat emboss stamping it on a strip of vellum.

*** Updated post April 20th with revamped version:








Supplies: cardstock (CTMH), stamps, stencils, Turquoise, Yellow and Grass Green Nuance powders (Magenta), watercolour paper (Canson), Coffee Archival Ink, Mustard Seed Distress Ink, and Black Fine Emboss Powder (Ranger), VersaMark (Tsukineko), Vellum (The Paper Company), miscellaneous faux flower buds (Dollarama)

While I loved the initial stencilled background, which was the reason that I decided to leave it as  5 1/4 x 4 1/2" card, as I kept seeing it on the mantle in the livingroom, I wondered what if it would look better in a smaller square format. I unstuck the bunny, grass and sentiment. Then, I trimmed the background, re- mounted it and re-adhered those pieces. Lastly, I added in some coloured eggs. Love how it turned out in the end! A little time and reflection really made this one a better design. :)


TTFN,

*****

Magenta products used:
Produits Magenta utilisés:


1 comment:

Christine Alexander said...

great scene, love all the stencil work :)