Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2019

Spring Thanks Part 2


Hi All! I am up on the Magenta blog today with Spring Thanks part 2. It is another way to use flowers created using a watercolour markers stamping technique. How-to details can be found here.




This is a more labour instense card from the one I shared last month, but well worth it. The stamping is the easy part. I did all of it in one stamp session while watching the news.The fussy cutting was over several sessions at a leisurely pace while watching things that did not require detailed viewing. The sentiment might seem difficult from the look but I find it really easy to do when you heat emboss on vellum; especially if you emboss the image multiple times. You just follow the embossed edge and the vellum is really easy to manoeuvre for cutting. I left a small area attached between the y and a.

If you missed it, here is what the first version looked like.




Details on how-to make that card can be found here.


I hope you have been inspired to give this technique a try. If you do, be sure to share your creation with me either with a link in the comments below, or on my FB or IG accounts.

I still have more flowers for another card or 2 so look for them in a future post.


TTFN,







*****
Magenta products used:

1 comment:

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful card Cassandra and totally in awe of all your fussy cutting :)