Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

You are the Best


Today, I have a watercolour card confection as I continue to take part in Kathy Raccosin's the Daily Marker 30 Day color challenge along with entering it into Simon Says Stamp Flickr group challenge 126 "Crazy for Coloring" and the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge for Make Your Own Background. I made the card using lots of Simon-y goodness using an emboss resist to make the focal flowers.






Supplies:  Brush Strokes Messages stamp set, Spring Flowers stamp set, You stamp set, Fine Clear and Fine White embossing powder, Assorted Moonshine sequins (Simon Says Stamp), Debbie Hughes' Palette card of Daniel Smith watercolours, Canson XL cold press paper, black cardstock (Bazzill), Tim Holtz Peacock Feathers Distress ink, Black Soot Archival ink (Ranger)


To make the background, I stamped with one of the Brush Strokes Messsages stamps three times using Tim Holtz Peacock Feathers Distress ink. Next, I gave the whole panel a wash of water to move the colour and let the water do its thing. Once dry, I splatter water on the panel and dabbed it off with a cloth creating texture. Then, I splattered some Phthalo Green Blue Shade and Sap Green.




You can see what the SSS Monday challenge team created along with other participant here.


TTFN,


1 comment:

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

I absolutely adore this card! You've hit the perfect balance of elements here. I love the curved lines of the flower and how that pairs with those bold stripes in the background. The color palette is refreshing and the way you painted the flower itself is gorgeous! Love the little specks and splatters in the background. Thank you so much for sharing something so inspiring with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!