Pages

Monday, July 8, 2019

Shine Bright


It's a sunny summer day in my neck of the woods and I have another watercoloured card to share with you. Today's card was inspired by Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog Stars and/or Stripes, Dina Wakley Media Tribe's July On the Lighter Side challenge and for Kathy Racossin's ongoing The Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge.





I used watercoloured strip leftovers painted with Mijello Mission Gold watercolours and trimmed from fussy cut leftovers from my Thanks card posted a few days ago here. They became my starting point as the stripes and I picked out the turquoise and bright green-yellow hues from them in chosing Dina Wakley Scribble sticks in Turquoise, Lime and Lemon to be my watercolouring medium of choice for this project. I used the Crafters Workshop Mini Twinkle Twinkle stencil with sponged on gesso to start the background and as I used each colour in colouring the stars, I splattered colour onto the base. The Dina Wakley Star Light stamped stars, along with using the Scribble sticks, were heat embossed with Emerald Creek Craft Supply's Vegas Gold sparkly emboss powder as well as I used the splattered dots inside of the stars to emboss stamp the splatters onto the background.




After fussy cutting out the stars, I adhered and popped up layers for dimension before finishing the card off with the white heat embossed stamped sentiment created from two of the Star Light set set words.

There is still time to join in any of the inspirational challenges, so check them out by clicking on their name below:





TTFN,


1 comment:

Christine Alexander said...

Cassandra, fun layering of your imgaes. I love the loose artsy look :)