Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Happy Thoughts Magenta Bookmark


With summer vacation, comes time to read and I found that I was in need of a new bookmark so I decided to make some new ones. Today, I am up on the Magenta blog with this mixed media book mark. I used a combination of textures and techniques... gold leaf with a stencil on muslin, emboss resist watercolouring an ATC coin sized flower, and bringing it all together with stitching... in creating this one.




I started by clear heat emboss stamping the smaller Rose Canina stamp on Canson XL watercolour paper and watercolouring it with Rose, Citrus and Paradise Prima Pastel Dreams Confections watercolours. Once it was dry, I used a 2 1/2" circle punch to cut it out.




Next, I cut a 3 x 6 3/4" piece of kraft paper and used my favourite Script and Postmark stamp with VersaMark ink to completetly stamp the entire length of the base.




Then, I cut a 2 1/2" x 6" piece of muslin and removed thread strands to distress it. Next, I used Cosmic Shimmer glue through the Large Old Lace stencil applying it with a small stiff bristle brush. Once it was set, I added the gold leaf and used a brush to burnish and clean it off revealing the guilded areas. (Tip: Using a waffled/grooved static sheet like a Swiffer sheet helps clean up the fly away small bits of gold so that it doesn't get everywhere.)




Then, I white heat emboss stamped the "happy thoughts" part of the Think Happy Thoughts stamp on black cardstock. Now that I had all the parts, I was ready to tack them down with a little gel medium so that I could sew them together.



Supplies: stencil and stamps (Magenta), craft cardstock (CTMH), XL watercolour paper (Canson), Pastel Dreams Watercolour Confections (Prima), VersaMark ink (Tsukineko), clear and white embossing powder (Simon Says Stamp), black cardstock (Bazzill), 2 1/2" circle punch (Stampin' Up), Cosmic Shimmer Foil & Glitter Glue (Creative Expressions), muslin, goldleaf, thread (misc.)


I love the shine of the foil, the feel of the fabric and the softness of the watercoloured flower. This is sure to make me smile everytime I use it. Yes, happy thoughts indeed!


TTFN,

*****

Magenta products used:

1 comment:

Christine Alexander said...

wonderful texture and colour on your bookmark, I love the addition of the fabric :)