Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2019

Enjoy the Little Things


For this week's Simon Says Monday Monochrome challenge, I created a double sided mixed media bookmark with some new to me KaiserCraft goodies.





While I like both sides, in the end, I really love how the "B" side turned out and it best represents the Monochrome theme. I coloured the background with a combination of Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide ink and Cracked Pistachio Distress ink. Next, I stamped the KaiserCraft Flutter stamp and then coloured the butterflies with Peacock and Turquoise Dina Wakley Scribble Sticks. Once it was dry, I restamped the image to replace the butterflies' line details. Once that was dry, I black heat embossed stamped "the little things" part of the KaiserCraft Antiquities stamp and splattered a little bit of gold with Gold Sheer Shimmer Spritz. The sewing came after as part of adhering the fabric on the "A" side.





The "A" side was gold stenciled on canvas with the KaiserCraft Distress Dots after the canvas was stitched to the cardstock base along with the strip of KaiserCraft Amore patterned paper. I also punched a circle out and adhered it to the top prior to hole punching as a reinforcer for the Cracked Pistachio and Evergreen Bough Distress Ink coloured seam binding crinkle ribbon. The "Enjoy" was from the same Antiquities stamp which I black heat embossed on vellum and fussy cut out. The butterfly was fussy cut from KaiserCraft Tanished Patterned paper.

Be sure to check out the other wonderful Monochrome creations over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge site.




TTFN,


1 comment:

Christine Alexander said...

Cassandra, I love your stamping on the fabric, great texture and love the colours :)