Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2020

Card of the Month - Creative Scrapbooker Magazine




*** UPDATE: Yeah! I made it onto Round 2. Voting ends April 12th. ***

Hello fellow crafty friends! Some of you might remember this card that I shared after it came back from being published in the Winter 2018 issue of Creative Scrapbooker Magazine. Well,  Creative Scrapbooker Magazine combed through their past publications and picked cards for their new Card of the Month People's Choice contest. To my surprise, they picked my foiled alcohol ink card as one of the entrants. 





I am so grateful and excited to be chosen for the inaugural match up. There are 5 rounds of voting during the month of April and each round is time sensitive. This contest if just for fun. There is no prize other than the honour of being crowned Card of the Month. It would be so awesome to make it to the top so I am asking if you would please be so kind to go and vote for my card. You will find it in bracket 14 down near the bottom. You can head to their site for voting here.

You can vote in one, a few, or all the brackets. It's up to you. Your email address is used to vote and so you can log on to vote in subsequent rounds. 1st round voting ends April 5th at 11:59 PM EDT. Your vote would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a close up of the card that shows the foil accents and texture details.




Supplies: Silhouette Spring Flowers stamp and alphabet chipboard (Magenta), Yupo paper (Yupo), Tim Holtz Citrus, Pool, Turquoise Alcohol Inks and Blending Solution, Black Soot Archival Ink, Picket Fence Distress Paint, Multi Medium Gel (Ranger), Bora Bora Green foil (Prima), stones (Emerald Creek), cardstock (CTMH)


To make this card, I started with a 3 1/2" x 5" piece of yupo paper which I covered with alcohol blending solution and added drops of Citrus, Pool, and Turquoise alcohol inks in three rows from bottom to the top tilting the card to move the colours around. Once dry, I placed a green foiling sheet over top and burnished it onto the yupo background. Once peeled away, it sticks bits of foil to some of the tacky areas on the background.




From there, I stamped the Magenta Spring Silhouette Flowers with Black Soot Archival ink. Next, I adhered the panel to a white card base. Then, I added the white acrylic painted "You Rock" chipboard sentiment using the Mini Alphabet chipboard letters and added some green foiling to them. Lastly, to complete the card, I glued on some tiny stones along the bottom of the panel.

If you give this technique or silhouette stamp a try, be sure to share it with me. And thanks for voting!

TTFN,


1 comment:

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous Cassandra, love the touch of foil and the stones along the edge :)