Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Texture Filled Tag


If you are like me, you have a stash of started projects. You know those ones that you start, then put aside as more pressing projects come along. Today's tag fits that bill. I had started it for one of Tim Holtz Tag challenges eons ago but hand not finished it. It was bagged up and put in a drawer with the background completed but it still needed all the embellishment details and words added. This week's Simon Says Stamp Monday - Add Some Texture challenge was the perfect time to dig it out and finish it off as it is chock full of various textures.




The burlap base was stenciled with texture paste and coloured with Distress Ink. Next, I adhered the torn piece of patterned paper with gel medium. While that was setting up, I stamped the compass rose onto tissue paper. Then, I collaged it onto the background and inked the edges with distress ink.




Next, I took the scanned and printed photo of a family member and added colour to it to add interest, corner punched the corners and inked the edges. It didn't quite pop enough off the background so backed it with white cardstock. The crinkle ribbon was coloured with Antique Linen spray stain and adhered to the tag prior to adding the diecut, distressed and rolled cardstock flowers and leaves. Then, I adhered a piece of pattern paper to the back of a plastic fragment piece ad fashioned a paperclip into the whole and onto the metal Treasure pin clipping it onto the ribbon. Lastly, I inked the edges of the word strips and adhered them along with the crown and the metal initials and tided off the paper ribbon at the top.




It has been a while since I crafted with my collection of Tim Holtz products, and it was fun to play with them. You can't go wrong when you are inspired by Tim. I really like how this turned out and think it would be fun to make more tags along this vintage vein featuring other family members. Be sure to check out the design team creations over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday -Add Some Texture challenge here.


TTFN,