Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Family Tree Twist

When this Magenta Chipboard Tree arrived in my DT package, I was excited because I had an idea on how to use it other than for a family layout.


Photos by: Phil Steingard Photography

Supplies: patterned papers and chipboard (Magenta), cardstock (Bazzill), paint (Plaid), cardstock letter stickers (Lily Bee), punch (Fiskars), ink (CTMH), marker (Sharpie), pen (Signo)

Here I used it to document my daughter's primary school portraits from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 3 for the Magenta blogI started by shrunking the wallet sized photos down so that they would fit into the cute little oval picture frames.  Next, I painted the tree trunk and picture frames.  Then I glued up the front of the tree and adhered it to the back of my desired paper.  After carefully cutting it out with an exacto knife, I inked the edges to make it pop.  I prepared my background page and then positioned my tree and title.  Add the grades and years et voila!  A fun way to use up those school pictures.

If you would like to pick up some awesome Magenta chipboard, be sure to take advantage of their current seasonal promotion.  Shop their online store and save with free handling fees until December 31st.

TTFN,

2 comments:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! You've used this lovely chippie tree perfectly! :D

Sherri said...

Very creative Cassandra. Your dd is so cute, I especially like her Gr.2 photo :)