Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Top 10 0f 2011

While it is so hard to get down to just 10 layouts, I realize that my choices are really a reflection of where I am at in a scrappy state in time at the end of this year.  Like many, my current favourite often ends up being the most recently created piece. Yet will that be the case further in time? Then there are pieces that will forever hold a special place for the story behind its' creation.  Thus, this whole process in itself is neat to document and reflect upon at a later time.

This year's edition is in no particular order as that task proved to be even more confounding then picking just 10. LOL!

Without further ado, here is my Top Ten of 2012:











 



























Once I whittled this year's collection of layouts down to this ten, I reflected upon my choices as a whole.  What I discovered about my work is it really illustrates the variety of styles, textures, colours, and manufacturers that I enjoy creating with.  Being analytical of mind, I also noticed some interesting things:
  •  four were takes on sketches,
  •  five were made with the fabulous kits of My Scrapbook Nook,
  •  four were inspired by Get Picky challenges,
  •  four have sepia or black and white photos
  •  six have butterflies
  •  seven were multi photo
I am really pleased with how I have grown this past year as an artist.  It is in sharing my passion for scrapping with others that has helped keep my productivity at a consistent level.  I also have been extremely blessed with some great friendships and wonderful opportunities to showcase my work this year.

Thanks for following along in my creative journey this past year.

Wishing you all the best in 2012.

TTFN,

22 comments:

Kate vickers said...

These are great Cassandra! I really love the Crate Random one and the first MME layout.

Unknown said...

WOW what an amazing gorgeous collection of layouts!! Wishing you a wonderful 2012!! Happy New Year!! :))xx

Carol said...

such a beautiful collection!!!! and it IS hard choosing isn't it!! thanks for always being so sweet to me.....and congrats on all your successes this year ;)

Christin aka Umenorskan said...

Lovely layouts

Thanks for all your sweet comments in my blog.

Happy New Year !

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

Beautiful work, Cassandra!Love your mixed style! If I should pick a fav, it would be Adorable You - the design is so cool, and the color choice just perfect!
Have a Happy New year - I'm excited to see where 2012 is taking you!

Maja Stokk / eyovine said...

So many beautiful pages =) My favourite is " Best Buds"

// Maja

Patricia said...

bravo... this pages are all so beautiful and a good year for you!

Stacey Michaud said...

they are all beautiful...I have loved watching your style evolve! You are the sweetest!

antenucci said...

adorable you and smile are my total favorites - great job!

Leah said...

All so gorgeous but my favourite is Best Buds, it is just perfect.

LG said...

These are all so beautiful! Your art and passion have grown tremendously last 2011 and you continue to inspire a lot of us.

Keep creating and always be as sweet as you are. Happy New Year!

pysselpetra said...

I really love the page BUDS

Dana Tatar said...

Fabulous collection of pages! Thanks for the inspiration!

Deanna said...

Cassandra, these are each so beautiful all on their own, I can definitely see why they're your favorites! You had a wonderful scrappy 2011! And on a side note, thank you for your incredibly sweet comments on my blog. They've made my day(s)! :D

Sherri said...

I'm so glad I popped back her to double check that I left a comment. I know I looked at your top 10, but it must have been in Google reader on my phone, b/c I don't see a comment. Love that you did this. There are some really fab layouts here girl. Happy New Year my friend.

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

Gorgeous creations Cassandra! Love your style ! Thanks a lot for your inspiration;-)
Happy New Year!
Bisous
Marinette

Zarah said...

They're super duper pretty - and I also love that you took the time to reflect on them and your growth as an artist!

Happy 2012 to you!

Monique Liedtke said...

Love your collection of layouts! they are very beautiful, all of them. If I have to choose a favorite I'd choose the first one "365" but I love the others very much too.

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Such beautfiul pages, Cassandra! I love your use of color and white space. Have a wonderful New Year!

Pam said...

I can't decide which one is my favorite! These are all beautiful, you use space so beautifully!

Wishing you a happy and scrappy 2012!!

Mette said...

Amazing layouts!

Ella Swan said...

What fun having a look back - so many layouts I don't remember seeing and some really outstanding work - you should be proud!!