Pages

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Upcycled Gift Canvas

  My daughter has crafty friends who love to hang out at our house with it's plethora of crafting supplies.  While I love inspiring these girls in time well spent crafting in conversation and creativity rather than "screen time", it often poses a bit of a clutter dilemma.  If you have a crafty household like mine, you will understand that I am left with a lot of little finished crafts that eventually find their way into the trash can.

While I was ironing a flower fuse bead for my daughter's friend the other day after she left early, I thought to myself that chances are it would eventually find its way into the garbage at her house.  It got me thinking.  What could I do with it so it does not suffer that fate and end up as landfill? I came up with a canvas style idea that would work for the look and colour of the fuse beads and that would be appreciated by the recipient.






Supplies: canvas (Dollarama), gelatos (Faber-Castell), stencils (My Favorite Things), molding paste (Golden), stamp (Unity Stamps), ink (Rangers), felt (Creatology), marker (Sharpie), plastic fuse beads (Perler)

This was a fun one to make.  I finally got to use a couple of the lovely My Favorite Things stencils that Mona Pendleton sent me as a prize for being a featured artist  at AMMCC #4.  Using gelatos, molding paste, the stencils and an apropos stamped sentiment, this canvas came together quickly in one evening. I am entering this one in the Stamp Out 2013 challenge over at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.

My daughter loved it when she saw it this morning and being of the "instant gratification spoiler generation" she wanted to immediately take a photo and send it to her friend.  I would have none of that. It is a gift to be nicely wrapped and placed under the tree for the excitement of Christmas! I am sure it will find a special place to be displayed in her friends room for several years.

TTFN,


2 comments:

Monique Liedtke said...

LOL, what a fun idea! You don't wanna know how many little crafty things ended up in our garbage (but often after years of gathering dust!). This is a great idea, I'm sure she'll love it!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving comments!! (so happy you signed up for Google+!!).
Hope you'll have a very merry Xmas with family and friends! xxx

Anna-Karin said...

What a great idea! You created such a sweet project with that bead flower. We have lots of those at home too, but not yet so nicely colour coordinated. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Merry Christmas!