Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A few of my favourite things

Well "selfie" made it into the dictionary in 2013 and living in a house with a teenager, I can sure understand the how and the why of it.  My goodness the number of self portraits young people take is astounding! My daughter and I were going through her electronic devices looking at photos when I spied this one and thought that it would be great for a layout using the December inspiration mood board at Scrap Around the World.






Supplies: patterned paper (Simple Stories), glitter letters (American Crafts), molding paste (Golden), stencil (Silhouette cut), watercolour paints (Daler Rowney), jeweled lace (Prima), silver tissue and leaves (Dollarama), ink (Tsukinenko), corner rounder punch (EK Success), pen (CTMH), peacock feather swag (Lucky Brand Clothing)


I used molding paste, on worn old wood with silver and bluish green touches ...







... and some Lucky Brand Clothing packaging "peacock feather swag" (as my daughter refers to it).







What I was attracted to in the board was some fav elements of mine...  old wood and plaster frames (I have a collection of them), the aquamarine silver ring and the large feather in the ladies hand . 



http://scraparoundtheworld.blogspot.ca/2013/12/december-2013-challenge-8-graceful-and.html


The perfect accompaniment to my daughter's filtered "selfie".


TTFN,


10 comments:

Kim Ewins said...

Love what you have created...love the feather and don't you love the selfie, sometimes it's the only way we can get a great photo of teens now days! Thank you for sharing with us at SATW

Riikka Kovasin said...

Stunning piece! Great idea to use that feather! Thank you for joining us at SATW!

mariemily said...

Love the peacock feather! Thanks for joining us at Scrap Around the World!

Dana Tatar said...

Stunning page! I love the peacock feather and the shimmery embellishments! Thanks for sharing! :)

Zanka said...

You and DD are so alike :) This is a sweet layout by all means, I love the feather, somehow it fits perfectly with the selfie:) Thank you for joining SATW chal !

Bellaidea said...

What a great page! Thank you for joining SATW challenge!

Ella Swan said...

What a cool layout! So awesomely pretty!! Thank you for playing!!

Patricia Roebuck said...

This LO and photo are beautiful! And yes, they do take a lot of selfies. Lol!

Sandy Ang said...

so beautiful ! love all those bold embellishments on your page

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

I hear you on kids and selfies - I wonder how many mine have? At least one a day, maybe I should force them to do a ProjectLife with them?

Beautiful layout - the huge pea cock feather really does it - very brave to use it like this!