Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Art Journaling with Soul Journey - Inspired by Aga


I am finally getting around to posting some of the art journal pages that I made from inspiration derived from the Soul Journey 2018. You can find the art journaling group on Facebook and it is an extension of Art and Soul Studio. The year long event has an amazing line up of exceptional mixed media artists, many of whom I am admire.






This page was inspired by Aga BaraniakI started journaling in my 9" x 12" Strathmore 400 series Mixed Media Visual Journal using the Carabelle Studio Journal du Jour stamp, gesso and the butterfly/moths from Tim Holtz Melange Tissue Wrap coloured with Dina Wakley Peacock acrylic paint.






I masked off the butterflies before stamping with the KaiserCraft Flutter stamp. Then, I added a layer of Tim Holtz Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint. 





Once that was dry and crackled, I put the butterfly masks back on to add the Eggplant and Black Dina Wakley acrylic paints and Peacock splatters. Once all was dry, I used a Quickie Glue pen to go over the chevrons and added gold Deco foil as well as using a lid and glue with foil to add the rings.





Lastly, I adhered the quote created on my computer with a typerwriter font printed on cardstock and added some doodling on the butterflies.

You can check out Aga's wonderfully video here and be inspired to create your own take on it. If you do, be sure to share it with the Soul Journey group.

TTFN,

Supplies: 400 Series Mixed Media Journal (Strathmore), Journal du Jour stamp (Carabelle Studio), Jet Black Archival ink, Matte Multi Media, Tim Holtz Rocky Candy Distress Crackle paint, Peacock, Eggplant and Black Dina Wakley Heavy Body Acrylic Paint (Ranger), gesso (Liquitex), Tim Holtz Idea-ology Melange Tissue Wrap (Advantus), Flutter stamp (KaiserCraft), Quickie glue pen (Sakura), Gold iCraft Deco Foil (Therm-o-web), Visions Fine Black pen (Uniball), misc. typerwriter font and cardstock

No comments: