Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2018

Floral Thanks




 I was so excited when I saw the new Large Floral Background Stamp as part of the newest Magenta collection. I knew it was going to be perfect for a watercolour stamping technique and watercolouring... and it didn't disappoint!








I started with a piece of 140 lb watercolour paper positioned in my MISTI stamping tool. I loaded the Floral Background stamp with Twisted Citron Distress ink and spritzed the stamp and the watercolour paper a couple of times before stamping. I let the stamp rest on the watercolour panel for a minute to let the colour absorb into the paper. I loaded the stamp again and stamped the panel. Then, I swiped the panel in a variety of spots with Mowed Lawn Distress ink to provide some variation in the greens. Once dry, I watercoloured the empty flower petal spaces with a combination of Spun Sugar and Abandoned Coral and added touches of squeezed Lemonade to the flower centres. While it was drying, I heat emboss stamped the Thanks sentiment on vellum. I trimmed the watercolour panel and adhered it to a cardbase before adding the sentiment with clear foam 3D tape.

    




*****

Magenta products used:


TTFN,


No comments: