Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2019

Art is Your Story


The Our Mixed Media Moods December mood board sparks so many ideas for me. I love the neutrals with a pop of red.




For this take, I was inspired by the polka dot feather (as I had found one in my backyard this summer and had saved it), the water bottle frame as I set up my index card with the red on the bottom and then lines with black and white as well as the tanny-browns of the background.





As I wanted to use something new in order to participate in Dina Wakley Media Tribe's January challenge, I used my newly purchased Dina Wakley Collage Paper and Collage Words for the first time. I used two of the tissue patterns for the base background and covered them with gesso to push them back. Next, I added colour with a Dina Wakley Umber Scribble Stick and Ruby Heavy Body Acrylic paint. I drew the ink crock and cut it out of cardstock which I covered with Ranger Texture Paste and coloured with Stabilo All pencils in brown and black. Then, I glued the cut out Collage Words onto cardstock, edged it and then matted it with meshed medical tape.




The finishing touch was to add some Black acrylic paint to the tip of the feather before adhering it as well as a drip into the ink crock. A little edging and I called it done.



Supplies: Vision 140 lb watercolour paper (Strathmore), Dina Wakley Collage Paper, Collage Words, Ruby and Black Heavy Body Arcylic paint, Umber Scribble Stick, gel medium (Ranger), Texture Paste and Jet Archival ink (Ranger), gesso (Liquitex), Black and Brown All pencils (Stabilo), medical tape (Misc.)


Looking forward to another creafting session for another take on this inspiring moodboard.


TTFN,


1 comment:

Christine Alexander said...

Casandra, I love the ink pot you drew, and that background is so artsy I love it :)