Pages

Friday, January 4, 2019

With a Flourish


Holiday time affords me some much needed crafting time. When I saw Canvas Corps December Crew challenge, it piqued my crafty interest. After rummaging through my stash, I came up with this flourishing ornament.






The thing that is great about good products is that they don't go out of style with age, especially so if they have a vintage appeal. The flourishes are from some 7 Gypsies ones that I have had for ages. I even used the inset pieces as the hanging teardrops. I sprayed the flourishes with Tattered Angels Peacock Chalkboard and the teardrops with Chalk Chalkboard mist. The teardrops were too stark white so I spritzed them with Pearl Glimmer Mist. That was better but not quite to the cream colour that I wanted so I single spritzed them with Wheatfields Glimmer Mist and they were perfect. Just the right cream with hints of bluish glitter tones.





Once the flourishes were dry, I stamped them with a 7 Gypsies script stamp from an old mini stamp set from 2012 using Coffee Archival ink. I glued the flourishes together and then used the jump rings to add the hanging teardrop pendants which I embellished with gold iridecent sequins filled with golden glass beads. I used gold thread to hang it.





Supplies: chipboard flourishes and script stamp (7 Gypsies), Peacock and Chalk Chalkboard spray, Pearl and Wheatfields Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels), Coffee Archival ink (RangeR), Tim Holtz Ideaology jump rings (Advantus), sequins and glassbeads (Dollarama)

I am really pleased with how this turned out. I love the challenge of looking through my stash and creating something from scratch. Check out the #ccbchallenge on social media to see other creations inspired by this challenge.


TTFN,


5 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Gorgeous ornament Cassandra, love the little teardrop hanging from your flourish. It reminds me of a little Christmas wind chime :)

Nicole said...

Pretty!! Love the teardrops!

Yulia said...

Love it! Thanks for CCB!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Beautiful project! Thank you for joining the Canvas Corp Brand Challenge!

Karla Yungwirth Designs said...

Wow! This is so gorgeous! I love how you added the Glimmer Mist and stamping!! Thanks so much for joining us for the Canvas Corp Brands Creative Studio Challenge! Hugs, DT Karla