Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2019

Circles of Fun


I had created an alcohol inked circles background a long time ago but had never used it for anything. When I saw this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Going Around in Circles challenge, it tweeked my memory and I went in search of it in my future use folder. I decided to turn it into this thank you card as an entry.






I added a Tim Holtz butterfly by stamping it with white pigment ink. When it was dry, I found it to be a tad too light and the ink had taken on some of the colour from the inks below, so I went over the image with a white pen. I mounted the panel onto a white cardstock background and adhered a Simon Says Stamped Painted Thanks die cut from white Bazzill cardstock.





The original background panel was created on Yupo paper using Tim Holtz Alcohol inks (Watermelon, Sunshine Yellow & Raspberry) and the mini Ringer stencil from Tim Holtz Stencil Set 7. I did some colour mixing in an alcohol ink storage tray to create the shade of colours that I wanted. Then, I used a paint brush and painted each circle of the stencil in a somewhat random design and I painted all the diamond shaped spaces in yellow. I was so pleased at the time with how it turned out. Now I am even happier with the finished creation!



Be sure to check out the other Going Around in Circles inspirational creations from their design team and from other participants.

TTFN,


1 comment:

Christine Alexander said...

I love it when I have something in my stash that matches a challenge so well. That's such a great background Cassandra, the perfect frame for your butterfly :)