Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

With a Little Luck


Today's artsy share is a little gem of good luck. I created this ATC inspired by spring and the March birthstone of aquamarine which is the challenge prompt over at the Funkie Junkie Boutique.




I started with piece of watercolour paper which I had experimented with some shades of Tim Holtz Distress ink greens. I cut it to ATC size and then stenciled some wild flowers with black acrylic paint through a Prima mini stencil. Next, stamped with the Finnabair script stamp and Archival black ink. Then, I used the Prima mini lace stencil and applied Ranger Opaque Crackle Texture Paste. Once dry and crackled, I added in some more greens with Prima Apple Green 06 confections watercolour and Tim Holtz Peeled Paint distress ink. Once that was dry, I added splatters of Gold Sheer Shimmer Spritz and Finnabair Metallique Mermaid Teal acrylic paint.




While that was drying, I turned my attention to colouring the chipboard and flowers. I used Finnabair Avocado Green, Emerald Liquid Acrylic paints and Mermaid Teal Metallique paint. This all dried super fast so I was able to add little touches of White Gold wax right away. Then, I added some touches of the Mermaid Teal watered down onto the mini flowers and twisted the flower stems to add some further embellishment interest.




After distressing the edges of the ATC base, I glued down the chipboard pieces, added some gold thread, the flowers, a die cut butterfly and aqua Prima Pebbles. To finish the ATC off, I white heat emboss stamped the Good Luck sentiment onto a strip of black cardstock and adhered some scrap pieces of cereal board to the back to pop it up.




Head on over to the Funkie Junkie Boutique here to see their DTs inspiration and other participants take on the Aquamarine challenge.

TTFN,


3 comments:

sarascloset said...

Cassandra, I'm so excited to see you playing along at The Funkie Junkie Boutique blog, and this ATC is just stunning! I love how you've used the aquamarine along with the black pops and oh, my those wonderful mixed media details! Thank you so much for joining us for 'Aquamarine' at The Funkie Junkie Boutique blog!

Suzanne C said...

Lovely ATC and the design is beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us in the Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge!

Beulah Bee said...

This is really lovely design, congrats on the challenge win.