Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2020

You're Pretty Awesome!


Yes, you are crafty friends!  I did some watercolouring for Day 15 of Kathy Raccosin's The Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge with an Angie Blom digital stamp for this card. If you want to watercolour using a digital image but don't have a laser printer, no worries, change the ink colour to a tan/beige one (I got it close to the colour of Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink) on your image as you print it with an inkjet printer and no-line watercolour it. That is what I did on this one.






I made the So Special flower image rather large to give this a try, knowing that I would cut it apart to use it on a card later. I printed it on 85 lb cold press Color Factory A4 (8.3 x 11.7") watercolour paper by MultiCraft. I picked it up at a dollar store on town and wanted to give it a try. It is a good size that fits in the printer without needing to be trimmed. I used Mijello Mission Gold paints and a size 2 Silver Brush to watercolour it. Then, I used a Derwent Inktense watercolour pencilcrayon to add some tan to the centres. I added some leaf line details and shading with a tealish Staedtler pencil crayon and shadows with a dark grey one.  This is how it looked once finished before I cut it apart:





I cut a piece of cardstock and used mat gel medium to adhere the up-cycled old dictionary page to it and then added clear gesso to the front. While that was drying, I fussy cut the flowers out and cut along where I felt would give a good size for each piece. Once that background was dry, I added watercolour paint splatters with the greens I had used in my painting to it. I mounted that onto a 7 x 5.5" cardbase popping it up with some cereal board. Then, I arranged the flower pieces and adhered them along the edges but left most part free to move and added some small pieces of cereal box board underneath the flowers to give further dimension.






Next, I printed off the "You're Pretty Awesome" sentiment from Angie's Everyday Greeting 1 set on white cardstock, trimmed it and inked the edges with black ink. I added a couple of layers of cereal board strips underneath as I adhered it to the card to pop it up a bit. Lastly, I pulled some old Making Memories patterned paper from my stash and created an envelope for the card to finish it off.







I am entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Monday A Bit O' Green Challenge, the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Use Some Green Challenge, and the Flower Challenge #42 Anything Goes Challenge.






Supplies: So Sweet & Everyday Greetings 1 Digital stamps (Angie Blom Digitals Designs), ColorFactory watercolour paper (MultiCraft), Mission Gold watercolours (Mijello), Tan Inktense watercolour pencil (Derwent), teal & dark grey pencil crayons (Staedtler), gel medium (Faber-Castell), clear gesso (Liquitex), cardstock (Staples), Tim Holtz Black Soot Archival ink (Ranger), dictionary page (Misc.)




TTFN,


2 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Cassandra, thanks for the tip with the ink jet and using tan/beige ink :)

TaeEun said...

Your mixed media card is gorgeous! The yellow flowers are beautifully colored and the layout is beautiful as well! Love the Spring-like feel of your card! Thank you so much for joining us at the Flower Challenge!