Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2020

Love & Hugs Bookmark


Hello creative friends! Today's crafty creation is inspired by Hero Arts' Anything but a Card challenge and Kathy Raccosin's The Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge. My colouring medium of choice once again is watercolouring. This time I used a watercolouring stamping technique with Tim Holtz distress inks and the Hero Arts Florals Rose Stem stamp along with my MISTI.




I started by placing a trimmed piece of Strathmore 300 Series Smooth Bristol paper into my MISTI and then inked up the Rose Stem stamp flower section with Abandon Coral distress ink and spritz it with water prior to stamping it. Once it was stamped, I used a waterbrush and ink smooched on a craft mat to watercolour the flower. Once the ink had absorbed into the paper, I reloaded the stamp with Abandon Coral ink and re-stamped it once again. Then, I repeated the process for the leaves, stem, and stamen with Peeled Paint Distress ink. Once one flower was done, I re-positioned the stamp to the next spot and repeated the same process.




Once all three flowers were complete, I stamped the Hero Arts Love & Hugs from the Rose stamp set sentiment three times with Jet Black Archival ink. Next, I placed the Hero Arts Ornate Floral Stencil over top of the bookmark and used a sponge inked up with Broken China Distress ink to add in a bit of a blue background. Then, I splattered the bookmark with the coral and green ink. Once that was dry, I tacked the panel to a Kraft base and stitched it together to complete the bookmark.




I am also entering this into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Everything Goes challenge along with the Hero Arts Anything But A Card challenge.   


TTFN,


1 comment:

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Cassandra, love the soft background for your flowers :)