Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2021

Leafy Green Thank You


Hello Crafty Friends! Today, I am sharing a peek at a leaves stamp from an upcoming new Magenta collection.





I started with a 6" x 6" piece of Strathmore Bristol. Using a MISTI stamp repositioning tool is key for the watercolour stamping technique that I used here which consists of loading the stamp with ink, spritzing it with a fine mist, stamping it, painting it with a brush by moving the ink around, and then reloading and re-stamp to crisp up the image. I started with Tim Holtz Twisted Citron Distress ink. Next, I used Mowed lawn. Then, Rustic Wilderness  and lastly, Pine Needles. For the Thank You sentiment, I clear heat emboss stamped it onto vellum and then ran it through the laminator with gold foil. I fussy cut it leaving a vellum outline and used clear foam tape to pop it up. 


I started with a 6" x 6" piece of Strathmore Bristol. 
Using a MISTI stamp repositioning tool is key for the watercolour stamping technique that I used here which consists of loading the stamp with ink, spritzing it with a fine mist, stamping it, painting it with a brush by moving the ink around, and then reloading and re-stamp to crisp up the image. I started with Tim Holtz Twisted Citron Distress ink. Next, I used Mowed lawn. Then, Rustic Wilderness  and lastly, Pine Needles. For the Thank You sentiment, I clear heat emboss stamped it onto vellum and then ran it through the laminator with gold foil. I fussy cut it leaving a vellum outline and used clear foam tape to pop it up. 





Supplies: Branch of Leaves & Thank You stamps (Magenta), Canson XL watercolour paper, Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness, & Pine Needles Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Ranger), VersaMark ink (Tsukineko),  Gold emboss powder (CTMH), vellum (The Paper Company), clear foam tape (Kool tak)



TTFN,



*********
Magenta products used:
Branch of Leaves Coming Soon!

No comments: