Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2021

Llovable Llama


Today, I have a fun rainbow embossed llama card inspired by this month's Hero Arts blog Stay Crafty with Hero Rainbow Challenge and the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge for Heat Embossing. My colouring for Kathy Racoosin's Colouring Challenge on this one is with Distress inks.




Supplies: Bristol Smooth (Strathmore), llama die, sentiment & sunglasses from Llama Stamp & Cut set (Hero Arts), Brush Stroke Heart from Brush Stroke Messages stamp set, clear & white fine embossing powder, Assorted Moonshine sequins (Simon Says Stamp), VersaMark ink (Tsukineko), Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed, Peacock Feathers, Wilted Violet) and Black Soot Archival ink (Rangers), black marker (Sharpie), silver glitter foam (Dollarama)


I started with a piece of Bristol smooth and blended on four distress ink colours (Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed, Peacock Feathers and Wilted Violet) using a sunrays stencil as a guide being sure to blend the overlapped areas to get the other three colours (orange, green, & indigo) for a full rainbow spectrum. Once coloured, I spritzed and splattered the panel to get a bunch of texture. After the panel fully dried, I swiped it with an antistatic powder pouch and then used VersaMark ink to stamp the brush stroke heart from the Simon Says Stamp Brush Stroke Messages stamp set. I added clear emboss powder and heat set it. Next, I spritzed the panel and wiped of the colour for a muted effect and to accentuate the hearts. While that was drying, I die cut the Llama from glitter foam using the larger llama from the Hero Arts Llama Stamp and Cut set. Then, I stamped the sunglasses in Black Soot ink and the sentiment in VersaMark ink and heat set both with glasses with clear emboss powder and the other in white. 

With all the parts ready, it was time to assemble the card. I glued down the panel to the card base corner. Next, I adhered the glasses to the llama before adhering it to the card. I popped up the sentiment and the added some shadow to the llama with a Stabilo All graphite pencil and water. Then, I glued on some Assorted Moonshine sequins thinking I was done but I decided it needed some more black so I added faux stitching along two edges. There you have it... Llots of Llove with a llovable llama.

You can check out each challenges details over on the Hero Arts blog here, Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog here and Kathy's Blog hereI am also entering this one into the SSS Flickr Challenge 182 - Anything Goes. 


TTFN,


2 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Love your sparkly Llama, he looks cool with sun glasses ♥

Ellie Knol said...

Yours is also a wonderful rainbow coloured card Cassandra! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog.. very much appreciated.