Pages

Monday, August 30, 2021

Alcohol Ink Transfer Card


Hello Crafty Friends! Today I am on the Magenta Blog with this soft coloured kraft card made using Alcohol Lift Ink.  I have used the pre-stamping with a white pigment ink on kraft for a past card creation on the Magenta Blog (you can see it here) and wanted to experiment with how it would work with transferring the colour from an alcohol inked panel on top of the pigment ink. I think you will agree that it works great!




First, I made the alcohol inked panel on Yupo using blending solution, Amethyst, Pool, Turquoise, & Citrus Alcohol inks.

This is another technique that works best with a stamp repositioning tool. I folded the kraft cardbase and placed it in the MISTI. I positioned the Mandala stamp partially off the side and stamped it multiple times with white pigment ink. After cleaning off the pigment ink, I swapped out the card for the inked Yupo securing it in place. I loaded the stamp with Alcohol Lift ink and stamped the panel. Next, I swapped the panel for the card and stamp transferred the alcohol ink that had been transferred to the stamp over the white pigment ink image. I repeated this process multiple times until I was happy with the colour coverage and intensity. I added some white splatters and set it aside to dry. Then, I white heat embossed stamped the Hello sentiment on vellum and fussy cut it before adhering it. To finish off the card, I added jewels around the mandala pattern.

I hope you liked this technique and that I have inspired you to give it a try. You can check out my Be Happy card here for more kraft with white pigment ink card ideas.

TTFN,


********
Magenta products used:

Flower Mandala - Large

No comments: