Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

One down... umpteen to go!

Just scrap it.  Simply that is it in a nutshell.  I want to get all the pre-prepared layouts that I have waiting to be scrapped.  I literally have a bunch of layouts, where I have the photos and the product and the layout design already sketched.  They are even in paper holders or large baggies as I would prep them for vacation time at the cottage or for the occasional crop.  Inevitably, I would do more than I would get completed but leave the rest for other projects that were time sensitive given my little time I have had for scrapping this past year and half.  My goal is to change this.  I want to get all those layouts scrapped. I know that it will make me feel better, a way to de-clutter, use up stash and feel productive.

In my quest, I got a few layouts done at Crop and Create Markham.  The best part was, it literally only took me minutes to pack for the crop.  Like I mentioned, everything was pre-prepped and even better still, it was already in a crate that I tote to the cottage, ready to go.

Here is one that brings a smile to my face every time I look at it.  From the photo to the colours, it was fun to see it all come together.









Supplies: cardstock (Canadian Scrapbooker Super Stock), gelatos (Faber-Castell), chipboard sunglasses (Magenta), stamps [negative frame (MME), Duck (October Afternoon), crowns (Heidi Swapp), duck print (Basic Grey), loopy doodle stamp (Dear Lizzy American Crafts), polka dot washi tapes (Doodlebug Design), Cameras and labels washi tapes (Allison Kreft Webster's Pages), embossing powder (Stampendous), versamark and black ink (Tsukinenko), liquid glass (CTMH), glimmer glaze (Tattered Angels), chipboard letters (K and Company), glitter foam letters (American Crafts), glitter (Recollections), marker (Sharpie), jewels (SandyLion)



This selfie cracks me up.  Last summer, my daughter and niece embraced their first  selfies. I learned what a duck face selfie looked like.  More funny than flattering and I love how the photo depicts a typical teenage moment.  No matter the generation,  what hasn't changed is the young teen wanting to look fashionable and way older than they are.  I think the title just sums it all up.






These Magenta chipboard sunglasses are too cool.  I coloured them to match my daughter's using gelatos for the frames and Glimmer Glaze for the glass.  I sealed the frame with liquid glass to give the look of plastic like the real deal.







From the process photos below, you will see that the green glittered letters did not start out that way.  In fact they were a blue but I wanted then to match the green in the photo so I covered them with gesso, added the glitter and finished them off by outlining them with a marker.

This one is a total multi-manufacturer layout as I combined lots of stamps, mediums and washi tapes together to get the details and embellishments that I had in my mind.

Here are some photos showing the process as I was deciding how I wanted to place items as the layout came to life.

Sorry about the poor photo lighting but the crop hotel ballroom lighting was typical and I took these with my phone but they give you an idea of the process.




After the gelato coloured background has dried, I was deciding on a rough idea for placement.






Washi tapes all down. Just checking to figure out where to put stamping and doodling.






Some stamping completed at this point as well as a little bit of doodling. The journaling line has been added in and I am figuring final placement of all the pieces in relation to which washi sections I want to show.








The finished page - it was all just ducky, don't you think?! LOL! :)(Pun intended.)


TTFN,


7 comments:

Monique Liedtke said...

What a terrific page!! My dd has lots of selfies like that, both with and without friends in them! I now want to scrap straight away! Fun title too :). Love to see how your layouts come together. So different from mine, I just wing it, big time. No plan nothing. Thanks for sharing!
Have a fabulous weekend my friend!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Awesome layout Casandra! Such a fun photo! Love the colorful scheme and the cute ducks!

Sherri said...

I love this, the background is so gorgeous. Great colour combo, and those glasses are so cute.

Gayle Price said...

Great page. I love your very bold, graphic style fabulous photo....yes I remember every time my daughters had their photos taken they did that pout thing...didn't know it was called a 'duck selfie'. Now when 1 of my daughters takes a selfie she always seems to have her tongue out....apparently this is a "Mylie " selfie ooooooh I dont like it. lol. Any way Cassandra thanks for always dropping by and leaving your lovely comments. xx

Bente Fagerberg said...

What a fun page Cassandra!! I had no idea what a duck selfie was before visiting you today! :-) My DD (age 13) has loads of selfies too. Have a nice week end! xoxo

Missy Whidden said...

Amazing layout! Love me some washi tape...love the colors you used and the fun design!

pysselpetra said...

That doodling between the stripes really makes this page something unique and special. Super cool and beautiful