Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

Be Happy!

I love how at times when inspiration strikes, you are compelled to create.  Last night was such a night.  I was checking out my blog reader feed when I saw a fabulous sketch reposted by Sue on her blog. Her take on this Scrap & Music sketch is spectacular. Even though the challenge was closed to entries, I loved the sketch and the music prompt so much, I immediate printed it off.  Then before I headed to my scrap room to begin, I saw Rachell Funnell's post in the feed and her stunning layout created for a challenge on a new DT that she has joined over at Off the Rails Scrapbooking. Well that challenge is to Bling It Up, and I do like adding a little sparkle to my projects so it was a natural fit! Lucky for me that challenge had just begun.


The Simple Stories' Vintage Bliss collection was just the thing for the Bobbie McFerrin lyrics.  A little Magenta stenciling, some gelato-ing (new word..LOL!), a few butterflies and a batch of bling... et voila...





Supplies: patterned papers, stickers and chipboard (Simple Stories), stencil (Magenta), molding paste (Golden), gelatos (Faber Castell),butterfly punch (Martha Stewart), glitter glue (Viva), twine (Iris), crochet doilie (Prima), paper doilie (Today's Kitchen), ink, pen and mini jewels (CTMH), small jewels and sequins (Dollarama)



A few close ups...





showing the texture of molding paste. First lined with black pen and gelato colour swiped along leftside and then set with wet brush.  Additional gelato splatters applied liberally over the diamond area.  The doilie was coloured to match using an ink pad and water.  A fussy cut border from another piece of patterned paper.  Lots of inking and a punched glitter glued and blinged up butterfly.  







A cluster of a variety of levels and textures with a banner through the fussy cut border.

Hop on over to these sites to check out their challenges and see the great projects by their DTs and participants. They are sure to inspire!



TTFN,


7 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful layout! Such sweet photos! Love the embossed background!

Maria said...

Gorgeous layout with sweet photos and elements! Fab texture and color, too!

Narelle Fasulo said...

Stunning layout Cassandra. I don't know what to tell you that I like because I just love it all. I love your new word too...lol...might just have to do some gelato-ing myself soon..lol. Thanks for joining us over at Off The Rails Scrapbooking.

all the days of our life said...

Beautiful!! The colors are fabulous together love all the spraying great banner and cluster on the to right. Thanks for playing with us at Off the Rail Scrapbooking!

sandi spink said...

Love your use of layering to give your layout depth and dimension. The colours you have used work beautifully with the photos of your daughter. The subtle addition of bling finishes off this lovely layout. Thanks for joining us at Off the Rails Scrapbooking.

Monique Liedtke said...

Beautiful page Cassandra!!!! Love your gelato-ing! And wonderful collection.

Sue Plumb said...

What a gorgeous layout Cassandra! I LOVE that you have used sequins on your layout to make it sparkle, and the use of the texture paste and gelatos looks fantastic, well done! Thanks for playing along with us at OTR. X