Pages

Friday, July 10, 2015

New Adventures in Art Journaling

Get Messy Art Journaling is winding up the season of Adventure. This page was an adventure in trying out Caylee's tutorial on abstract painting giving me an opportunity to crack open my new Dina Wakley acrylic paints. This was definitely a different style for me but nothing ventured nothing gained. So I gave it a go.







Supplies: 6x8 400 series mixed media paper (Strathmore), grid and heart stencils, sentiment stamp (Magenta), Dina Wakley acrylic paints (Ranger), blk acrylic paint (DecoArt), gold Sheer Shimmer Spritz (Imagine Crafts), heat emboss powder (Stampendous), embroidery thread (Aurifil Mako'ne)


This one looks better in real life. You can't see it from the photo but the gold stenciling is all shimmery. As you can see, I had some crafty mishaps with the black stenciling when I went to the reverse side of the stencil but hey it is not to be stressed about, it is happy crafting and I learn from these for the next time. For me that is part of the beauty of art journaling. It is a great way to try out something and get the hang of it before using it in a bigger project.

I would give this a try again. I liked the background work but feel I need to either add more layers and/or embellis. Lots more season of Adventure pages to come.
  
TTFN,


1 comment:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Amazing abstract art work! Loving those colours together!